Hagley Primary School Kindergarten
We are pleased to have been open throughout this pandemic for children of parents who are Keyworkers and more widely from March 2021. The well-being and safety of all children, their families and our staff team are paramount and we thank everyone for their understanding during these difficult times.
Note: Documents below do not reflect the current changes to routine.
Welcome and thank you for your interest in our Kindergarten ....
Children join us each September for their pre-school year which is the year (September to August) in which their fourth birthday falls.
Our staff team are passionate about Early Years and committed to offering every child the opportunity to have fun, achieve and learn through play in a safe, caring and stimulating environment which promotes British values of:
Democracy ~ The rule of law ~ Individual liberty and
Mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
We recognise that every child is unique and aim to meet their individual needs in partnership with parents and carers.
Our curriculum encompasses the Early Years Foundation Stage, it provides activities and opportunities for children to learn through play and their own interests.
Gail Hall ~ Kindergarten Manager
Features of our setting include:
- An Ofsted 'Outstanding' judgement
- Excellent Quality assurance outcome
- Experienced, qualified staff
- Working in partnership with parents/carers and offering opportunities to be involved
For further information please contact us:
Click here for our Admissions Policy
For our catchment area click here
For details of when and how to apply click here
Further information about us:
- All About Kindergarten booklet
- Preparing your child for Kindergarten
- Daily Routine
- Most recent Ofsted Report - May 2016
- What Parents say to us ...
- Term dates
- Privacy Notice
- Child Protection Policy - UNDER REVISION
- Payment Policy
- Complaints Policy
Useful Information and Guidance
- Early Years Foundation Stage (0-5 years) - A Parent's Guide
- What to expect and when – Your child’s development
- Ideas to encourage good communication
- Dummies and their effect
- Safeguarding - Simple conversations to keep your child safe from abuse
- Safeguarding - Kidscape - 5 short videos for young children
- Dough recipe - Squeeze and snap
- Phonics and Pre-reading skills
- Writing and Pre-writing skills including stages of development and formation
- School Readiness - produced in partnership with Hagley Primary School
- Worcestershire Children First - Is your child ready for school?
- Nursery Education Funding
- Benefits of Yoga for Young Children
- Physical development - Crossing the 'mid-line'
- Screen time
Health and Wellbeing
- Child Accident Prevention Trust
- Gastro- Intestinal illness guidelines
- Head Lice Guidance
- Healthy Packed lunches
- Ilnesses/Infections including exclusion periods
- Looking after yourself and others in hot weather
- Toilet Training - Health Visitors Advice
- Toilet Training - ERIC - leaflets
Current year (forms for parents)
Kindergarten Practitioner (SEN Support)
A fixed term contract for up to 12 months, £9.18 ph
19.5 hours per week (Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays)
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Kindergarten Practitioner with a passion for working with children, particularly those with special educational needs (SEN). The successful candidate will have experience working in an early years setting, will have experience working with SEN Children and will have an excellent understanding of safeguarding.
A key part of the role will be supporting individuals or groups of children, delivering SEN interventions under the guidance of the Kindergarten Manager and helping children to develop their skills and abilities in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
We are also looking for someone who:
- Is a strong communicator and is able to form positive relationships with children, colleagues, parents/carers and other professionals
- Has a good knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Is able to manage and support behaviours that may be challenging
- Is proactive, self-motivated and resilient
- Is able to work on their own initiative
- Is team player
In return we can offer you a well-resourced, happy Kindergarten environment and the opportunity to work with a great team that are passionate and committed to delivering an excellent setting for our children.
Please note, the reason for this contract of employment being temporary is to support a child with needs. If the child leaves the school or funding is withdrawn by the local authority that issued it, then a review of the contract will be undertaken and may be ended as the support is no longer required.
To apply, please send an up to date CV and covering note to Clare Fereday, Kindergarten Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, and/or to arrange a conversation about the role, please contact Clare as above or on 01562 883280 (option 6).
Interview date: 19th July 2021
Start date: 3rd September 2022
Hagley Kindergarten is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We require all staff to act in the best interests of children at all times. We follow safe recruitment practices and all of our appointments are subject to enhanced DBS checks and annual updates.