Hagley Primary School Kindergarten
We are pleased to have been open throughout this pandemic for children of parents who are Keyworkers and more widely from 1 June. From September 2020 we will welcome all new children albeit with changes to our usual routine. The well-being and safety of all children, their families and our staff team are paramount and we thank everyone for their understanding during these difficult times.
Note: Documents below do not reflect the current changes to routine.
Welcome and thank you for your interest in our Kindergarten ....
Children join us each September for their pre-school year which is the year (September to August) in which their fourth birthday falls.
Our staff team are passionate about Early Years and committed to offering every child the opportunity to have fun, achieve and learn through play in a safe, caring and stimulating environment which promotes British values of:
Democracy ~ The rule of law ~ Individual liberty and
Mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
We recognise that every child is unique and aim to meet their individual needs in partnership with parents and carers.
Our curriculum encompasses the Early Years Foundation Stage, it provides activities and opportunities for children to learn through play and their own interests.
Gail Hall ~ Kindergarten Manager
Features of our setting include:
- An Ofsted 'Outstanding' judgement
- Excellent Quality assurance outcome
- Experienced, qualified staff
- Working in partnership with parents/carers and offering opportunities to be involved
For further information please contact us:
Click here for our Admissions Policy
For our catchment area click here
For details of when and how to apply click here
Further information about us:
- All About Kindergarten booklet
- Preparing your child for Kindergarten
- Daily Routine
- Most recent Ofsted Report - May 2016
- What Parents say to us ...
- Term dates
- Privacy Notice
- Child Protection Policy - UNDER REVISION
- Payment Policy - UNDER REVISION
- Complaints Policy
Useful Information and Guidance
- Early Years Foundation Stage (0-5 years) - A Parent's Guide
- What to expect and when – Your child’s development
- Ideas to encourage good communication
- Dummies and their effect
- Safeguarding - Simple conversations to keep your child safe from abuse
- Safeguarding - Kidscape - 5 short videos for young children
- Dough recipe - Squeeze and snap
- Phonics and Pre-reading skills
- Writing and Pre-writing skills including stages of development and formation
- School Readiness - produced in partnership with Hagley Primary School
- Worcestershire Children First - Is your child ready for school?
- Nursery Education Funding
- Benefits of Yoga for Young Children
- Physical development - Crossing the 'mid-line'
- Screen time
Health and Wellbeing
- Child Accident Prevention Trust
- Gastro- Intestinal illness guidelines
- Head Lice Guidance
- Healthy Packed lunches
- Ilnesses/Infections including exclusion periods
- Looking after yourself and others in hot weather
- Toilet Training - Health Visitors Advice
- Toilet Training - ERIC - leaflets
Current year (forms for parents)
We currently have the following vacancy.
Kindergarten Practitioner with Key Person responsibility
Closing date: Friday 5th February 2021
Start date: 22nd February 2021 (or sooner if possible)
Contract type: Part Time - Term Time Only
Contract term: Permanent
Salary range: £8393 per annum (actual salary)
Hours: 20.5 hours per week (for details of days and times please see the vacancy details document below).
For a copy of the vacancy details please click here.
For a copy of the job description please click here.
For a copy of the person specification please click here.
For a copy of the application form please click here.
Please contact Gail Hall, Manager or Clare Fereday, Deputy Manager for further information.
Completed application forms are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.